And finally, Tokina announced Tokina Firin 20mm f/2 FE MF Lens (their first full frame E-mount lens), which means that the lens will be the best fit for Sony’s super hit A7 series. This lightweight and compact lens design from Tokina is optically excellent that implements 9 aperture blades and also placed two all-glass precision molded aspherical elements with 3 Super-Low Dispersion (SD) glass lens elements.
However, the price of Tokina Firin 20mm f/2 FE MF Lens is yet to confirm, but will be available in the beginning of 2017.
Here is press release
Kenko Tokina Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce the new FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF.
FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF is the first in Tokina product line compact form-factor super wide ultra fast F2 aperture manual prime lens compatible with Full-Frame E-Mount mirrorless cameras.
FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF belongs to a newly launched “FíRIN” series of Tokina lenses for mirrorless cameras (or ILCs – Interchangeable Lens Compacts) marking a new epoch in Tokina history. FíRIN is a variation of Fírinne – the old Irish word for “truth”. It means “that what is real” and signifies “being true to someone or something”. It represents a promise from Tokina to photographers to help them capture the truth in their images with this revolutionary new lens.
- Perfect match to SONY A7 series body in terms of design, high-precision Japanese made parts and form factor.
- Being compact and light-weight, FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF performs excellent optical abilities due to perfectly placed two all-glass precision molded aspherical elements with 3 Super-Low Dispersion (SD) glass lens elements that are greatly reducing aberrations and yielding higher resolution and contrast. All lens elements are carefully multi-coated that helps to reduce reflections and flares to an absolute minimum.
- The FíRIN 20mm F2 FE MF has an ability to encode and transmit aperture, distance and optical data to the camera body making this lens fully suitable in terms of using MF assist function, 5 axis image stabilization and view finder electronic distance scale. Lens CPU with optical correction data noticeably contributing to final image processing inside the camera.
- Design devoted to manual shooting and cinema enthusiasts includes a wide manual focus ring, aperture ring and depth of field index bar.
- De-Click Aperture function makes this lens suitable for cinema/video shooting.