Battery is one of the important components of the camera, it is very important to know the best battery for Canon 80D. So you can keep an extra fully charged power backup in your bag to avoid the power shortage of the camera.
We are here to recommend you the best as well as the best third party battery for you, so that you can snap the shots non-stop comfortably.
Before that, we have to remind that Canon EOS 80D camera was announced on 17 February, 2016. It comes with a newly developed 24.2MP APS-C sensor, 45-point all cross-type autofocus module, updated Dual Pixel AF for live view still and video recording, and both Wi-Fi and a GPS. Have a look on specifications of the Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera:
- Newly Developed 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor
- New 45-point all cross-type AF system
- Intelligent Viewfinder with approximately 100% viewfinder coverage
- DIGIC 6 image processor for enhanced image quality
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth, fast and accurate autofocus with video and stills
- Built-in Wi-Fi 2 and NFC2 capability for easy transfer of images and movies to compatible mobile devices
- 1080/60p Full HD video to capture brilliant results in MP4 format for easy movie sharing on select social networking sites
- Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD II monitor enables flexible positioning and clear viewing even outdoors
The best battery for Canon 80D: – Canon made /original battery for Canon 80D is Canon LP-E6N Lithium-Ion Battery which has a capacity of 1865mAh with an output voltage of 7.2V. It is compatible with Canon EOS 7D Mark II, 7D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 5DS, 5DS R, 60D, 60Da, 70D, and 6D Cameras.
It is expensive but it’s reputed brand as well as long lasting capacity makes it the best one. The battery lasts much longer than our supposition. Compared to the generic batteries, the Canon batteries last 4-5 times longer. It is quick to recharge and easy to install.
The best third party battery for canon 80D: – Watson LP-E6 Lithium-Ion Battery features a capacity of 2000mAh and 7.4V of output power. Small and lightweight, Lithium-Ion batteries can be charged or discharged at any time without developing memory effects. It is compatible with Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 60D, 60Da, 70D, 6D, 7D and 7DSV cameras. It is definitely a good alternative brand for canon cameras and also a better substitute for the Canon battery at almost half-the cost of the top-rated battery of Canon. Hence if you have no issue of brand name then you can definitely try it at comfortable cost.