Take a look between the comparison of Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70, the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features 20.2MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor on the other hand Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 features 16.1MP 1/2.3″ BSI MOS Sensor and Venus Engine Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Major Features
- 20.2MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Carl Zeiss 24-200mm f/2.8 Lens (35mm Eq)
- 3.0″ 1228K-Dot Tilting Xtra Fine LCD
- XGA OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080i/p Video at 60 and 24 fps
- Built-In Wireless and NFC Connectivity
- Low-Light Sensitivity to ISO 12800
- Multi Interface Shoe and Control Ring
- Super Sonicwave Motor for Fast Autofocus
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Major Features
- 16.1MP 1/2.3″ BSI MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- Lumix DC Vario 60x Optical Zoom Lens
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 20-1200mm
- 3.0″ 460k-Dot LCD Monitor
- 0.20″ 202k-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080i AVCHD Video at 60 fps
- Built-In Windshield Zoom Microphone
- POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode
- Creative Controls, Panorama, and Retouch
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 feature more megapixel than Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Bigger Sensor Size: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features bigger sensor size than Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70, hence you get better dynamic range, improved High ISO performance and better color and contrast reproduction with Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
More Optical Zoom: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 has 51.7 more optical Zoom than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Aperture Range: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 gives better aperture Range better than Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70, the bright aperture lenses capture more incoming light to the sensor, create more DOF, better color and contrast reproduction and it also create less noise during low-light situation.
Macro: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 feature better close-up macro range than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
More AF Points: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 have More AF points Compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70, hence you get more area under AF points with Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Better low light performance – The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features more ISO range compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70, the ISO range of Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 is upto 12800, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 is limited to 6400 only.
Better Shutter Range: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features better shutter range and fast shooting speed compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Display: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Wireless: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 camera feature wifi connectivity, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 doesn’t wifi connectivity.
Battery Life (CIPA): Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 battery rating is 420 shots and other hand Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 400 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 is smaller than Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Weight: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 lighter than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Price: Sony RX10 available at $1,298 || Panasonic FZ70 available at $318
Verdict: The price difference is BIG, but based on core specification we highly recommend you to buy Sony RX10
Also See – Sony RX10 vs. Panasonic FZ70 HIGH ISO TEST