Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 vs. Nikon COOLPIX P520 – The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features 20.2MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor on the other hand Nikon COOLPIX P520 features 18.1MP Back Side Illuminated CMOS Sensor and EXPEED C2 Image Processing Engine, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Major Features
- 20.2MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Carl Zeiss 24-200mm f/2.8 Lens (35mm Eq)
- 3.0″ 1228K-Dot Tilting Xtra Fine LCD
- XGA OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080i/p Video at 60 and 24 fps
- Built-In Wireless and NFC Connectivity
- Low-Light Sensitivity to ISO 12800
- Multi Interface Shoe and Control Ring
- Super Sonicwave Motor for Fast Autofocus
Nikon COOLPIX P520 Major Features
- 18.1MP Back Side Illuminated CMOS Sensor
- 4.3-180mm f/3-5.9 NIKKOR Zoom Lens
- 24-1000mm 35mm Equivalent Focal Length
- 42x Optical Zoom and 2x Digital Zoom
- EXPEED C2 Image Processing Engine
- 3.2″ Vari-angle 921K-dot LCD Display
- Full HD 1080/60i Video with Stereo Sound
- GPS Records the Location of Each Shot
- Optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter
- Optical VR Image Stabilization System
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 vs. Nikon COOLPIX P520 Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 feature more megapixel than Nikon coolpix P520.
Bigger Sensor Size: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features bigger sensor size than Nikon coolpix P520, hence you get better dynamic range, improved High ISO performance and better color and contrast reproduction with Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Optical Zoom: Nikon coolpix P520 features more optical Zoom than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Aperture Range: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features constant F2.8 aperture Range. better than Nikon coolpix P520, the bright aperture lenses capture more incoming light to the sensor, create more DOF, better color and contrast reproduction and it also create less noise during low-light situation.
Macro: Nikon coolpix P520 feature better close-up macro range than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Better low light performance – The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features more ISO range compared to Nikon coolpix P520, the ISO range of Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 is upto 12800, Nikon coolpix P520 is limited to 3200 only.
Better Shutter Range: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features better shutter range and fast shooting speed compared to Nikon coolpix P520.
Display: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Nikon coolpix P520.
Battery Life (CIPA): Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 battery rating is 420 shots and other hand Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 200 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Nikon coolpix P520 is smaller than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Weight: Nikon coolpix P520 lighter than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Price: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10: $1,298.00 and Nikon COOLPIX P520: $376.95
Verdict: Sony RX10 features double sensor size than Nikon P520, but you also have to may more than double price of P520… If we talk about recommendation .. Yes, we do highly recommend RX10 for our users.