The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 features 20.1MP 1/2.3″ Super HAD CCD Sensor and BIONZ R Image Processor on the other hand Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 features 16.1MP 1/2.3″ BSI MOS Sensor and Venus Engine Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 Major Features
- 20.1MP 1/2.3″ Super HAD CCD Sensor
- BIONZ R Image Processor
- 63x Optical Zoom 24.5-1550mm Equiv.
- 3″ Clear Photo 460k-Dot LCD & Viewfinder
- 720p HD Movie Mode
- Optical Steady Shot Image Stabilization
- 360˚ Sweep Panorama
- Easy Mode For Simple Camera Menu
- Intelligent Auto & Smile Shutter
- Picture Effect & Party Mode
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Major Features
- 16.1MP 1/2.3″ BSI MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- Lumix DC Vario 60x Optical Zoom Lens
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 20-1200mm
- 3.0″ 460k-Dot LCD Monitor
- 0.20″ 202k-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080i AVCHD Video at 60 fps
- Built-In Windshield Zoom Microphone
- POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode
- Creative Controls, Panorama, and Retouch
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel: With Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 you get more megapixels, don’t fall in Megapixel Marketing Myth because more megapixel DONOT increase image quality, but more megapixels will help you to get large printouts and also help you to re-compose your images after shooting a scene /subject.
Optical Zoom: More optical zoom allows you to get closer to your subject without physically moving yourself, hence we recommend you to buy Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 over Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Macro: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 have more close-up macro range than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400.
ISO: The ISO range of Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 is more than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400, high sensitivity sensor have more ISO range and hence the you get cleaner low-light images.
Better Shutter Range: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 features better shutter range compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Top Continuous shooting speed: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 features fast shooting speed compared to Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400.
Better Video Mode: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Supports Full HD Video capture mode @ 60fps frame rate, but only HD recoding available in Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400.
Battery Life (CIPA): Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 battery rating is 400 shots and other hand Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400 battery rating is 300 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 is smaller than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400.
Weight: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 light-weight than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H400.
Verdict: The Sony H400 features 63X more optical zoom (3X more than FZ70) and on the other hand FZ70 camera features bright zoom lens, fast continuous shooting mode and better video mode.