Take a look between the comparison of Sony Alpha a7 and Nikon D610, the Sony Alpha a7 features 24.3MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor on the other hand Nikon D610 features 24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 3 Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Sony Alpha a7 Major Features
- 24.3MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Direct Compatibility with E-mount Lenses
- 3.0″ Tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229K-Dots
- 2.4M-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Full 1080/60p with Uncompressed Output
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus; 5 fps Burst Rate
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC
- Multi-Interface Shoe and Built-In Flash
- Direct Access Interface
Nikon D610 Major Features
- 24.3 MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- 3.2″ 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- External Mic and Headphone Inputs
- Continuous Shooting up to 6 fps
- Expandable Sensitivity to ISO 25600
- Multi-CAM 4800 AF Sensor with 39 Points
- Built-In Flash with Commander Mode
- Supports WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
Sony Alpha 7 vs. Nikon D610 Specification Comparison Table.
Sony Alpha 7 is 8 days older than Nikon D610.
Bigger Sensor Size: Nikon D610 features bit bigger sensor than Sony Alpha 7.
More AF Points: Sony Alpha 7 have More AF points Compared to Nikon D610, hence you get more area under AF points with Sony Alpha 7.
Low-pass filter: Sony Alpha 7 have built in low-pass filter and other side we have Nikon D610 that doesn’t have any low-pass filter/ AA filter, hence hence you get better dynamic range, improved High ISO performance and better color and contrast reproduction with Nikon D610.
ISO: Sony Alpha 7 and Nikon D610 both camera feature same ISO range.
Better Shutter Range: Sony Alpha 7 features better shutter range compared to Nikon D610 , on the other hand Nikon D610 features fast shooting speed compared to Sony Alpha 7.
Better Video Mode: Sony Alpha 7 features better video mode compared to Nikon D610. Sony Alpha 7 Supports Full HD Video capture mode @ 60fps frame rate, Nikon D610 is limited to 30 fps only.
Display: Sony Alpha 7 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Nikon D610.
Viewfinder: Nikon D610 features optical viewfinder on the other hand Sony Alpha 7 features EVF with eye tracking AF active,
Battery Life (CIPA): Nikon D610 battery rating is 900 shots and other hand Sony Alpha7 340 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Sony Alpha 7 is smaller than Nikon D610.
Weight: Sony Alpha 7 lighter than Nikon D610.
Verdict: Sony A7 have hybrid AF system that work faster than the Nikon D610, A7 also features excellent video modes.
Nikon D610 will give you bit better image quality since it doesn’t have low pass filter, for everyday photography including sports, Street & photojournalism we recommend Sony A7 , Nikon D610 recommended for architecture, Landscape and Studiographers.