The Sony A7s is recently announced by Sony and A7R is a megapixel monster, the A7R will give you very large images and suitable for studio / controlled light environment on the other side the A7s have the capability to shoot at almost dark situation without noise…
Sony Alpha 7S vs. Sony Alpha 7R Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel and Sensor Size: The Sony Alpha 7R features low resolution than Sony Alpha 7S, but due to the larger pixels can collect more light. Furthermore, the photo-diode design of the A7s has been revised for 100% output at darkest environment.
But Sony Alpha 7R comes with more resolution compared to Sony Alpha 7s , so you will get large printouts and you can also re-compose /crop your images after shooting.
The NO-OLPF benefit – Sony Alpha 7R built without low-pass filter and Sony Alpha 7Shave, we will sure see improvement in sharpness performance when compared to 100%.
Better low light performance with A7s – The Sony A7s Standard ISO range is 100 – 102400 and expandable ISO range is 50-409600, but Sony Alpha 7R standard ISO range is 100 and expandable ISO range 25600., the Sony Alpha 7R features more ISO range ( standard + expandable ) hence you get better low-light images at HIGH ISO range.
Top Continuous shooting speed: Sony Alpha 7S features fast shooting speed compared to Sony Alpha 7R.
Better video mode: Sony Alpha 7S can capture 4K video at QFHD (3840 x 2160) to a external recorder + Sony A7s also has a option to record full HD (1920 x 1080) at 60p, 60i, 30p, and 24p
Supported formats addition to the conventional AVCHD and MP4 formats
Other Video Feature of Sony A7S
- external recorder via HDMI connection
- APS-C crop mode
- HD 720p video can be recorded at 120 fps for a 5x slow-motion effect
- high-quality XAVC S format
- a7S incorporates S-Log2 gamma
- expand the effective dynamic range by 1300% to increase detail in both shadows and highlights
- full HD and 4K base band HDMI output
- XLR Adapter Microphone
Video mode: Sony Alpha 7R Full HD 1080 @ 60 and 24fps
Supported formats supported in both AVCHD and MP4 codecs. Frames rates in super-smooth 60p
Other Video Feature of Sony A7R
- recorded off-camera via an HDMI connection
- both built-in and external stereo recording is available
- HDMI and wireless output allow
- Viewing of still images on ultra-HD 4K television. The 3.0″ tilt-able LCD has a 1.23M-dot resolution and White Magic technology
- HDMI connection in 60p and 60i frame-rates
Display: Both camera features same display (tilting).
Viewfinder: Sony Alpha 7S features Eye tracking viewfinder on the other hand Sony Alpha 7R only EVF,
Battery Life (CIPA): Sony Alpha 7S battery rating is 360 shots and other hand Sony Alph7R 340 shots. According to CIPA.
Weight: Sony Alpha 7R lighter than Sony Alpha 7S.
High ISO Test Between Sony A7s vs. Sony A7R
Verdict: Based on specification comparison review we highly recommend you to buy Sony A7s.
Buy Sony A7s from Amazon || Buy Sony A7R