Take a look between the comparison of Sony Alpha 7 and Nikon D4, the Sony Alpha 7 features 24.3MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor on the other hand Nikon D4 features 16.2Mp 36.0 x 23.9mm CMOS Sensor and EXPEED3 Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Sony Alpha 7 Major Features
- 24.3MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Direct Compatibility with E-mount Lenses
- 3.0″ Tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229K-Dots
- 2.4M-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Full 1080/60p with Uncompressed Output
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus; 5 fps Burst Rate
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC
- Multi-Interface Shoe and Built-In Flash
- Direct Access Interface
Nikon D4 Major Features
- 16.2Mp 36.0 x 23.9mm CMOS Sensor
- Nikon FX-format
- EXPEED3 Image Processor
- 3.2″ LCD Screen w/ Live View
- AF-S & AF-I NIKKOR Lens Compatible
- RAW, TIFF, JPEG, RAW+JPEG Files
- 100-12800 ISO
- Matrix, Center-Weighted, Spot Metering
- Compact Flash Type 1 & XQD Compatible
- 1080p HD Broadcast Quality Video
Sony Alpha 7 vs. Nikon D4 Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel: Sony Alpha 7 features more megapixel than Nikon D4.
Bigger Sensor Size: Nikon D4 features bit bigger sensor than Sony Alpha 7.
The D4 sensor have low resolution and bit bigger sensor size
More AF Points: Sony Alpha 7 have More AF points Compared to Nikon D4, hence you get more area under AF points with Sony Alpha 7.
- Hybrid Autofocus system combines a 117-point, phase-detection AF system with a 25-point contrast-detection system for high speed and accuracy.
- Nikon D4 have 51 Phase AF point.
Better low light performance – The Nikon D4 features more ISO range compared to Sony Alpha 7, the ISO range of Nikon D4 is upto 204800, Sony Alpha 7 is limited to 25600 only.
- Sony A7 have standard ISO range of 100-25600 (Expandable upto ISO 50)
- Standard ISO 100 to 12,800, Expandable from ISO 50 Up to ISO 204,800 Equivalent
Top Continuous shooting speed: Nikon D4 features fast shooting speed compared to Sony Alpha 7.
- 10/11 Frames Per Second Continuous Shooting in FX-format for Up to 200 Frames
- 5 fps continuous shooting in Speed Priority Continuous Shooting Mode
Better Video Mode: Sony Alpha 7 Supports Full HD Video capture mode @ 60fps frame rate, Nikon D4 is limited to 30 fps only.
Display: Sony Alpha 7 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Nikon D4.
Viewfinder: Nikon D4 features Optical (pentaprism) viewfinder with 100% visibility on the other hand Sony Alpha 7 features high resolution EVF with Eye Tracking AF.
Battery Life (CIPA): Nikon D4 battery rating is 340 shots and other hand Sony Alpha 7 2600 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Sony Alpha 7 is smaller than Nikon D4.
Weight: Sony Alpha 7 lighter than Nikon D4.
Verdict: We recommend you to buy Nikon D4, it features excellent core specification compared to Sony A7. + we have a bunch of NIKKOR lenses to choose from, Sony A7 lenses are still in development stage.