Sony A7 vs. Canon 1D X – the Sony Alpha 7 features 24.3MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor on the other hand Canon EOS-1D X features 18.1Mp CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Sony Alpha 7 Major Features
- 24.3MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Direct Compatibility with E-mount Lenses
- 3.0″ Tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229K-Dots
- 2.4M-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Full 1080/60p with Uncompressed Output
- Fast Hybrid Autofocus; 5 fps Burst Rate
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC
- Multi-Interface Shoe and Built-In Flash
- Direct Access Interface
Canon EOS-1D X Major Features
- 18.1Mp CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors
- 3.2″ LCD Screen
- Eye-Level Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Dual CF Card Recording Media
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- 1920 x 1080 HD Video Capture
- Live View Still and Video Recording
- 61-Point High Density Auto Focus
Sony Alpha a7 vs. Canon EOS-1D X Specification Comparison Table.
Sony Alpha 7 is 2 years older than Canon EOS-1D X.
Megapixel: Sony Alpha 7 features more megapixel than Canon EOS-1D X.
Bigger Sensor Size: Canon EOS-1D X features bit bigger sensor than Sony Alpha 7.
Type of AF: Both camera features Enhanced Fast Hybrid auto focus combines speedy phase-detection AF with accurate contrast-detection AF
- CANON – 61-Point High Density Reticular AF features an Offset Array Sensor (with staggered AF point arrangement) to deliver greater accuracy, no matter the situation. Has 5 central dual cross-type points (f/2.8 diagonal), 21 central cross-type points (f/5.6 horizontal and vertical) and 20 outer cross-type points (f/4.0 horizontal), and is sensitive in extremely low-light situations (EV-2 for a central point with a f/2.8 lens).
- SONY – We don’t have much info about Sony but Hybrid Autofocus system combines a 117-point, phase-detection AF system with a 25-point contrast-detection system for high speed and accuracy.
- Canon camera’s Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors, which enable a 17x faster processing speeds and greater noise reduction, among other duties.
- Sony BIONZ X image processing engine reproduces textures and details in real time via extra high-speed processing capabilities.
ISO: Canon EOS-1D X have ISO range 204800 and Sony Limited to 25600 only.
- Canon 1DX features – ISO 50 (L) and up to 102400 (H1), and even 204800 (H2)!
- Sony A7 have standard ISO range of 100-25600 (Expandable upto ISO 50)
Top Continuous shooting speed: Canon EOS-1D X features fast shooting speed compared to Sony Alpha 7.
- EOS-1D X’s can shoot up to 12 fps (RAW + JPEG). In Super High Speed Mode, high-speed shooting up to 14 fps (JPEG) is possible.
- 5 fps continuous shooting in Speed Priority Continuous Shooting Mode
Better Video Mode: Sony Alpha 7 features better video mode compared to Canon EOS-1D X.
- Sony Alpha 7 Supports Full HD Video capture mode @ 60fps frame rate, Canon EOS-1D X is limited to 30 fps only.
Display: Sony Alpha 7 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Canon EOS-1D X.
Viewfinder: Canon EOS-1D X features optical viewfinder on the other hand Sony Alpha 7 features EVF,
Battery Life (CIPA): Canon EOS-1D X battery rating is 1120 shots and other hand Sony Alpha 7 340 shots. According to CIPA.
+ 1 Canon L Series Lenses – We have bunch of Canon L Series Lenses available, Sony FF A mount Lenses are under development.
Verdict: Based on Specification Comparison review we recommend Canon 1DX DSLR.