The Samsung GC200 Galaxy Camera 2 features 16.3 MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Sensor and ISO rang 100-3200 Sensitivities on the other hand Sony DSC-QX100 features 20.2MP 1.0″ Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and ISO rang 12800, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Samsung GC200 Galaxy Camera 2 Major Features
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Operating System
- 16.3 MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Sensor
- 21x Optical Zoom f/2.8-5.9 OIS Lens
- 35mm Equivalent: 23-483mm
- 1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 4.8″ HD Super Clear Touch LCD Screen
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 Video at 30 fps
- 8GB Internal Memory & microSDXC Support
- Built-In Pop-Up Xenon Flash
- Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth & NFC Connectivity
Sony DSC-QX100 Major Features
- Clips to Smartphone and Shoots Uncoupled
- 20.2MP 1.0″ Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ Image Processor
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* f/1.8 Lens
- 28-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
- HD 1080p Video at 30 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC Connectivity
- Compose and Adjust Settings from Phone
- Saves Images on Smartphone and Camera
- Manual Exposure Control via Smartphone
Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 vs. Sony DSC-QX100 Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel: Sony DSC-QX100 feature more megapixel than Samsung Galaxy Camera 2.
Bigger Sensor Size: Sony DSC-QX100 features bigger sensor size than Samsung Galaxy Camera 2, hence you get better dynamic range, improved High ISO performance and better color and contrast reproduction compared to camera Y
Optical Zoom: Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 has 17.4x more optical Zoom than Sony DSC-QX100.
Aperture Range: Sony DSC-QX100 aperture Range is better than Samsung Galaxy Camera 2, the bright aperture lenses capture more incoming light to the sensor, create more DOF, better color and contrast reproduction and it also create less noise during low-light situation.
Macro: Sony DSC-QX100 feature better close-up macro range than Samsung Galaxy Camera 2.
Better low light performance – The Sony DSC-QX100 features more ISO range compared to Samsung Galaxy Camera 2, the ISO range of Sony DSC-QX100 is upto 6400, Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 is limited to 3200 only.
Better Shutter Range: Sony DSC-QX100 features better shutter range compared to Samsung Galaxy Camera 2.
Better Video Mode: Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 Supports Full HD Video capture mode @ 30fps frame rate, Sony DSC-QX100 is limited to 1440 x 1080 @30 fps only.
Battery Life (CIPA): Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 battery rating is 400 shots and other hand Sony DSC-QX100 200 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Sony DSC-QX100 is smaller than Samsung Galaxy Camera 2.
Weight: Sony DSC-QX100 lighter than Samsung Galaxy Camera 2.
Verdict: We recommend you to buy Sony QX100, since it features bigger sensor and you will get better image quality from QX100 compared to Samsung Galaxy 2