Here we’ve brought three consecutive reviews of the new 28mm lens. Though the lens has already made a shipping in Asia (Digitalrev) and Germany (eBay) and also preorders at Amazon, Adorama, BHphoto and Sony Germany, UK, FR, IT, ES, NL, BE, AT, CH, SE, FI, NO, PT.
Now you have a sufficient chance to go the depth of this lens through overall reviews given below and you can also take the receipt of more concepts about this lens.
DSLRmagazine posted the full FE 28mm lens review:
– There is significant Vignetting and Distortion on RAW files. JPG files are very well corrected.
– Reliable and relatively fast autofocusing
– Extraordinary anti flare resistance
– Tonal range and detail are excellent
– High resolution in the center. It’s ok in the corner
– Overall this is a very good lens for the price even if relies heavily on in camera correction fo Vignetting and Distortion.
posted a lens review on Deviantart. And in very short these are his key findings:
This build of this lens is great with full metal. At minimum focus distance and wide open (F2), the sharpness is acceptable, which is not as sharp as the SEL 50mm f/1.8. Quite strong CA at wide open and it’s gone completely at f/4. At closest focus distance, the bokeh is smooth, but at longer distance, it’s not very great.
Sony FE 28/2 First Impressions Review at BackgroundandBlur:
At 200 grams this lens is half the weight and a fraction of the bulk of the equivalent Nikon 28mm f/1.8G. Sony has really pulled something off here. At the price it should be a no brainer for most A7 users. Together with the Sony Zeiss FE 55/1.8, A7 users now have two fast and high quality autofocus primes for the system. An in-depth review is coming soon, after I spend some more time with this lens.