Panasonic FZ70 vs. Fujifilm SL1000 – Yes we are doing specification comparison between Panasonic FZ70 vs. Fujifilm SL1000, because the SL1 is affordable and features better ISO range but the FZ70 will give you more optical zoom and that is approx 10X
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 Major Features
- 16.1MP 1/2.3″ BSI MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- Lumix DC Vario 60x Optical Zoom Lens
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 20-1200mm
- 3.0″ 460k-Dot LCD Monitor
- 0.20″ 202k-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080i AVCHD Video at 60 fps
- Built-In Windshield Zoom Microphone
- POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode
- Creative Controls, Panorama, and Retouch
Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Major Features
- 16.2MP 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor
- Fujinon 50x Optical Zoom Lens
- 35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24-1200mm
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- Continuous Shooting: 10fps
- Equivalent ISO 64-12800
- Full HD 1080i Video at 60fps
- Super Macro Capabilities
- Lens Shift Image Stabilization
- Advanced Filters and SR AUTO Modes
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 vs. Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Specification Comparison Table.
Optical Zoom: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 has 10x more optical Zoom than Fujifilm FinePix SL1000.
Aperture Range: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 aperture Range is better than Fujifilm FinePix SL1000, the bright aperture lenses capture more incoming light to the sensor, create more DOF, better color and contrast reproduction and it also create less noise during low-light situation.
Macro: Fujifilm HS50EXR feature better close-up macro range than Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Better low light performance: The Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 features more ISO range compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70, the ISO range of Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 is upto 12800, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 is limited to 6400 only.
Better Shutter Range: Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 features better shutter range compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Top Continuous shooting speed: Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 features fast shooting speed compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Display: Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Battery Life (CIPA): Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 battery rating is 400 shots and other hand Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 350 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 is smaller than Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70.
Weight: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70 lighter than Fujifilm FinePix SL1000.
Verdict: Yes Fujifilm SL1000 will give you bit better ISO range and hence you will also get better low light images compared to Panasonic FZ70
Buy Panasonic FZ70 from Amazon || Buy Fujifilm SL1000 from Amazon