Take a look between the comparison of Olympus OM-D E-M1 and Fujifilm X-A1 , the Canon EOS M features 16.3MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor on the other hand Fujifilm X-A1 features 16.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and EXR Processor II, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Major Features
- 16.3MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- Micro Four Thirds System
- FAST Dual Phase- & Contrast-Detection AF
- Interactive 2,360k-Dot EVF
- 3.0″ 1,037k-Dot Tilting LCD Touchscreen
- 5-Axis Image Stabilization with IS Auto
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- 10 fps and 1/8000 sec. Top Shutter Speed
- Dust/Splash/Freezeproof Mag. Alloy Body
Fujifilm X-A1 Major Features
- 16.3MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video with Stereo Sound
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Extended Sensitivity to ISO 25600
- Continuous Shooting Rate of 5.6 fps
- Advanced SR AUTO and Q Menu Button
- Film Simulation and Advanced Filters
- Fujifilm XC 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OIS Lens
Olympus OM-D E-M1 vs. Fujifilm X-A1 Specification Comparison Table.
Fujifilm X-A1 is 7 days older than Olympus E-M1.
Megapixel: Olympus E-M1 more megapixels compared to Fujifilm X-A1.
Bigger Sensor Size: Fujifilm X-A1 features bit bigger sensor than Olympus E-M1. (APS-C vs Fourthird)
Better AF System: the new EM1 features 16MP Live MOS Image Sensor with DUAL FAST PHASE AND CONTRAST AF Sensor, the OM-D E-M1 automatically switches between Contrast Detection AF or Phase Detection AF, on the other hand Fujifilm X-A1 features Contrast AF system.
More AF Points: Olympus E-M1 have More AF points Compared to Fujifilm X-A1, hence you get more area under AF points with Olympus E-M1.
Shutter: Olympus E-M1 features better shutter range and fast shooting speed compared to Fujifilm X-A1.
Display: Olympus E-M1 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Fujifilm X-A1.
Battery Life (CIPA): Olympus E-M1 and Fujifilm X-A1 have same CIPA battery rating of 350 shots.
Dimensions: Fujifilm X-A1 is smaller than Olympus E-M1.
Weight: Fujifilm X-A1 lighter than Olympus E-M1.
Olympus E-M1 is a rugged camera – Constructed from magnesium alloy, the E-M1 features a dust-, splash-, and freezeproof design that enables full-functionality in adverse conditions. The rugged metal body is also designed to be as lightweight and ergonomic as possible to support comfortable use for long shooting durations.
Price: Olympus OM-D E-M1 (Body Only): $1,399.00 and Fujifilm X-A1 16-50mm Lens: $599.00
Verdict: Fujifilm X-A1 features APS-C compact camera, but Olympus E-M1 features advance AF system, fast shutter range and rugged design, based on overall image comparison Olympus E-M1 wins.
Olympus E-M1 Recommended for: Sports, wildlife, photojournalism and streetphotography.
Fujifilm X-A1 Recommended for: Nature, Landscape and day to day photography.