Nikon DF vs. Nikon D4 – the Nikon DF features 16.2MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 3 Image Processor on the other hand Nikon D4 features 16.2Mp 36.0 x 23.9mm CMOS Sensor and EXPEED3 Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below. Nikon DF Major Features
- 16.2MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- 3.2″ 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Optical Glass Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Dedicated Still Image Only Camera
- Mechanical Exposure Control Dials
- Multi-CAM 4800 AF Sensor with 39 Points
- Expandable Sensitivity: ISO 50-204800
- Continuous Shooting up to 5.5 fps
- 16.2Mp 36.0 x 23.9mm CMOS Sensor
- Nikon FX-format
- EXPEED3 Image Processor
- 3.2″ LCD Screen w/ Live View
- AF-S & AF-I NIKKOR Lens Compatible
- RAW, TIFF, JPEG, RAW+JPEG Files
- 100-12800 ISO
- Matrix, Center-Weighted, Spot Metering
- Compact Flash Type 1 & XQD Compatible
- 1080p HD Broadcast Quality Video
More AF Points: Nikon D4 have More AF points Compared to Nikon DF, hence you get more area under AF points with Nikon D4.
- 39-Point Multi-CAM 4800 AF Sensor
- Nikon D4 comes with 51 AF points
Better Shutter Range: Nikon D4 features better shutter + fast shooting speed.
- 10/11 Frames Per Second Continuous Shooting in FX-format for Up to 200 Frames
- 5 fps continuous shooting in Speed Priority Continuous Shooting Mode
Video: Nikon Df doesn’t have video recording option, it can shoot still images only, on the other hand Nikon D4 can shoot full HD recoding @ 30fps. Battery Life (CIPA): Nikon D4 battery rating is 2600 shots and other hand Nikon DF 1400 shots. According to CIPA. Dimensions: Nikon DF is smaller than Nikon D4. Weight: Nikon DF lighter than Nikon D4. Verdict: Both Nikon DF and D4 shares same sensor but Nikon D4 comes with advance AF system, better shutter range and video modes… based on specification comparison review we highly recommend you buy Nikon D4.
Verdict: Both camera shows almost same image quality when compared to each other at High ISO range , Now based on specification comparison and image quality test we recommend you to buy Nikon D4 DSLR.