Take a look between the comparison of Nikon DF and Canon EOS-1D X, the Nikon DF features 16.2MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 3 Image Processor on the other hand Canon EOS-1D X features 18.1Mp CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Nikon DF Major Features
- 16.2MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- 3.2″ 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Optical Glass Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Dedicated Still Image Only Camera
- Mechanical Exposure Control Dials
- Multi-CAM 4800 AF Sensor with 39 Points
- Expandable Sensitivity: ISO 50-204800
- Continuous Shooting up to 5.5 fps
- 18.1Mp CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors
- 3.2″ LCD Screen
- Eye-Level Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Dual CF Card Recording Media
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- 1920 x 1080 HD Video Capture
- Live View Still and Video Recording
- 61-Point High Density Auto Focus
Nikon DF vs. Canon 1Dx Specification Comparison Table.
DxoMark Sensor Rating
Megapixel: Canon 1DX features more megapixel than Nikon DF.
Bigger Sensor Size: Canon 1DX features bit bigger sensor than Nikon DF.
More AF Points: Canon EOS-1D X have More AF points Compared to Nikon DF, hence you get more area under AF points with Canon EOS-1D X.
- CANON – 61-Point High Density Reticular AF features an Offset Array Sensor (with staggered AF point arrangement) to deliver greater accuracy, no matter the situation. Has 5 central dual cross-type points (f/2.8 diagonal), 21 central cross-type points (f/5.6 horizontal and vertical) and 20 outer cross-type points (f/4.0 horizontal), and is sensitive in extremely low-light situations (EV-2 for a central point with a f/2.8 lens).
- Nikon DF have 39 distinct AF points, including nine cross-type sensors,
Better Shutter Range: Canon EOS-1D X features better shutter range and fast shooting speed compared to Nikon DF.
- EOS-1D X’s can shoot up to 12 fps (RAW + JPEG). In Super High Speed Mode, high-speed shooting up to 14 fps (JPEG) is possible.
- Nikon DF have top continuous shooting rate of 5.5 fps
Video: Nikon DF doesn’t have video recording option, it can shoot still images only, on the other hand Canon EOS-1D X can shoot full HD recoding @ 30fps.
Display: Canon EOS-1D X features bigger and high resolution display compared to Nikon DF.
Battery Life (CIPA): Nikon DF battery rating is 1400 shots and other hand Canon EOS-1D X 1120 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Nikon DF is smaller than Canon EOS-1D X.
Weight: Nikon DF lighter than Canon EOS-1D X.
Verdict: These type of selection basically Based on type of lenses you already have, But based on specification comparison we recommend you to buy Canon 1DX DSLR.
Also see – HIGH ISO TEST – Nikon DF vs. Canon 1DX