The firmware update version 1.02 has been released for DX format Nikon D5500 by Nikon today. Let us introduce you once again with this fabulous entry-level Nikon DSLR that packs 24.2-megapixel image sensor with no optical low-pass filter for stunning clarity and sharpness. Full HD video@60fps etc.
Anyway, this new update version will fix the following issues:
- The camera would stop responding if the multi selector was pressed right with Add items > CUSTOM SETTING MENU > c Timers/AE lock selected in MY MENU.
- The shutter would sometimes not be released in response to live view touch shutter controls if autofocus was used with an SB-800 flash unit attached.
- Optimal exposure would sometimes not be achieved in photographs taken during live view with lenses that support both autofocus and electronic aperture control (type E lenses).
- If image review was enabled during viewfinder photography, the camera would sometimes display shooting information in place of the most recent picture when the user removed their eye from the viewfinder after shooting.
- The camera would sometimes fail to store the option selected for a Autofocus > a3 Built-in AF-assist illuminator in the CUSTOM SETTING MENU after the mode dial was rotated to another setting.