The Nikon D5300 features 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor on the other hand Pentax K-3 features 23.35MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and PRIME III Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Nikon D5300 Major Features
- 24.2MP DX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.2″ 1,037k-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Continuous Shooting up to 5 fps
- 39-Point Multi-CAM 4800DX AF Sensor
- Expandable Sensitivity to ISO 25600
- Active D-Lighting and Built-in HDR
Pentax K-3 Major Features
- 23.35MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- PRIME III Image Processor
- User-Selectable Anti-Aliasing Filter
- Full HD 1080i/p Video Recording
- 3.2″ 1,037k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Optical 0.95x Mag. Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Continuous Shooting up to 8.3 fps
- In-Camera Shake Reduction Stabilization
- Dual SD Memory Card Slots
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
Nikon D5300 vs. Pentax K-3 Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel: Nikon D5300 and Pentax K-3 both camera feature same megapixels. Nikon D5300 and Pentax K-3 both camera feature same sensor size.
Low-pass filter: Nikon d5300 have no built-in low pass filter, on the other side we have Pentax k-3 that feature user selectable low-pass filter.
AF points: Nikon D5300 and Pentax k-3 both camera features Phase and Contrast based AF system.
- Multi-CAM 4800DX Autofocus Sensor of Nikon D5300 – The AF system enables 39 distinct AF points with 9 cross type at the center. AF range -1 to +19 EV.
- SAFOX11 Autofocus Module of Pentax K-3 – Pentax K-3 comes with 27 focus points and all 27 sensors are cross-type, AF range 3 to +20 EV.
Better low light performance – The Pentax K-3 features more ISO range compared to Nikon D5300, the ISO range of Pentax K-3 is upto 51200, Nikon D5300 is limited to 25600 only.
Shutter: Pentax K-3 features better shutter range and fast top-continuous shooting speed compared to Nikon D5300.
Video: Nikon D5300 and Pentax k-3 both camera feature full HD video recording @ 60fps.
Display: Pentax k-3 and Nikon D5300 both camera feature same type of display.
Viewfinder: Pentax K-3 features bright optical viewfinder with 100% visibility
Dimensions: Nikon D5300 is smaller than Pentax K-3.
Weight: Nikon D5300 lighter than Pentax K-3.
Pentax K-3 offers Rugged Body: K-3 is fully weather and coldproof due to 92 independent seals above the Durable magnesium alloy body with stainless steel chassis.
Price: Nikon D5300 DSLR 796 and Pentax K-3 1296
Verdict: Its no doubt that Pentax K-3 have better core specification than the Nikon D5300, + you also get user selectable low-pass filter with K-3. we highly recommend you to buy Pentax K-3 DSLR.
Also see – Nikon D5300 vs. Pentax K-3 High ISO TEST