Both are extreme machine, Canon 1DX is flagship camera from Canon and Nikon D4s is a flagship camera from Nikon. The Nikon D4S features 16.2MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor on the other hand Canon EOS-1D X features 18.1Mp CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Nikon D4S Major Features
- 16.2MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- 3.2″ 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Multi-CAM 3500FX 51-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 25600, Extended to ISO 409600
- 11 fps Shooting for 200 Shots with AE/AF
- 91k-Pixel RGB Sensor and Group Area AF
- 14-Bit RAW Files and 12-Bit RAW S Format
- 1000 Base-T Gigabit Wired LAN Support
Canon EOS-1D X Major Features
- 18.1Mp CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors
- 3.2″ LCD Screen
- Eye-Level Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Dual CF Card Recording Media
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- 1920 x 1080 HD Video Capture
- Live View Still and Video Recording
- 61-Point High Density Auto Focus
Nikon D4S vs. Canon EOS-1D X Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel: The Canon EOS-1D X features more resolution compared to Nikon D4S, so you will get large printouts and you can also re-compose /crop your images after shooting.
Bigger Sensor Size: Canon EOS-1D X have bit bigger sensor size compared to Olympus Nikon D4S, bigger sensors have more light gathering area hence you get better low-light performance, more color depth and increased dynamic range.
AF System: Nikon D4s and Canon EOS-1D X both camera features same AF system.
More AF Points: Canon EOS-1D X have More AF points (51-Point Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX AF Sensor) Compared to Nikon D4S, hence Canon EOS-1D X will do more quick and precise AF than Nikon D4S.
Better low light performance – The Nikon D4S features better low-light range than Canon EOS-1D X standard ISO range is 100-51200 and expandable ISO range is from 50 – 204800, The Nikon D4s standard ISO range is 100-25600 and expandable upto ISO 50- 409600.
Fast Continuous Shooting Speed: The Canon EOS-1D X features fast continuous shooting speed than Nikon D4s, The Nikon D4s features 11fps shooting speed with full time AF, The Nikon D4s can capture 200 JPEG images @ 11fps and 104 RAW images @ 11fps.
Battery Life (CIPA): Canon EOS-1D X features more battery life compared to Nikon D4S.
Dimensions: Canon EOS-1D X is smaller than Nikon D4S.
Weight: Nikon D4S lighter than Canon EOS-1D X.
High ISO Test Between Nikon D4s vs. Canon EOS-1Dx
Buy Canon 1DX from Amazon || Buy Nikon D4s from Amazon