Nikon Nikon AW120 and Olympus TG-850 iHS features almost same type of core specification, there are only few minor differences, take look at the detailed specification comparison review below.
The Nikon COOLPIX AW120 features 16MP 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor and Full HD 1080p Video with Stereo Sound on the other hand Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS features 16MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Sensor and Full HD 1920 x 1080 Video at 60 fps, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Nikon COOLPIX AW120 Major Features
- 16MP 1/2.3″ CMOS Sensor
- NIKKOR 24-120mm f/2.8 Lens (35mm Equiv)
- 5x Optical Zoom, 3″ 921k-dot OLED Screen
- Full HD 1080p Video with Stereo Sound
- Depth Rating: 59′
- Shock-Proof: 6.6′ Freeze-proof: 14°F
- Hybrid Vibration Reduction
- Built-in Wi-Fi, GPS, Electronic Compass
- Remote Control via Smartphone or Tablet
- Bundled Nikon View NX2 Software
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Major Features
- Waterproof to 33′, Crushproof to 220 lb
- Shockproof to 7′, Cold proof to 14°F
- 16MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- 5x Optical Zoom f/3.5-5.7 Lens
- 21-105mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 180° Flip 460k-Dot LCD Display
- Lens-Shift Optical Image Stabilization
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 Video at 60 fps
- ISO 125-6400 and Built-In Flash
Nikon COOLPIX AW120 vs. Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS Specification Comparison Table.
Aperture Range: Nikon COOLPIX AW120 aperture Range is better than Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS, the bright aperture lenses capture more incoming light to the sensor, create more DOF, better color and contrast reproduction and it also create less noise during low-light situation.
Top Continuous shooting speed: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 his features fast shooting speed compared to Nikon COOLPIX AW120.
Display: Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS features bigger and high resolution display compared to Nikon COOLPIX AW120. Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS features tilting display on the other hand Nikon COOLPIX AW120 have fixed display, so we get more flexibility while composing our shot with Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS.
Battery Life (CIPA): Nikon COOLPIX AW120 battery rating is 350 shots and other hand Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS battery rating is 330 shots. According to CIPA.
Weight: Nikon COOLPIX AW120 lightweight than Olympus Stylus Tough TG-850 iHS.
Verdict: It’s a tie between Nikon AW120 and Olympus TG-850 iHS digital camera, you can buy whichever you like.