First of all an advanced congratulation to Nikon since this royal imaging Company will celebrate their 100Th birthday in July, 2017. However, celebrating 100th anniversary is a matter of full pride and rejoice but it will be more interesting rather to see the strategies and plans that Nikon desperately want to execute in the coming future.
So, one of their big strategies that everyone should know that they will fully concentrate over the development of medium, high-end DSLR and mirrorless cameras in vast numbers, plus they will also develop lenses as well. In the recent time, Nikon’s Financial position has lost its balance and they felt a sound loss mainly coming from restructuring costs and from Nikon’s Semiconductor Lithography business. Other setback that we are disappointingly put infront of you the almost cancellation of DL series cameras, which they announced in 2015 but due to profitability concern Nikon never released these cameras. Thankfully, according the strategies, Nikon also have a plan to strengthen and restructure their camera business, so we might be lucky to see high-end compact cameras that could be a tough contender to Sony compact cameras currently available in the market.
Get the strategies of Nikon here:
- The Nikon camera business is undergoing a major restructuring.
- This is a quote: “bringing in multiple mirrorless cameras at an early stage” – to me this means announcing multiple mirrorless cameras soon.
- Nikon is taking an aggressive approach to rebuild their camera business.
- Nikon has no plans for closing domestic or overseas manufacturing plants at the present time.
- In the future Nikon will concentrate their resources on medium and high-end DSLR cameras and lenses as well as mirrorless cameras.
- Nikon will have fewer models in the future.
- Nikon still wants to develop a high-end compact camera.