List of improvements :
Movie Mode Refinements
- Users can now adjust audio levels while recording video.
- Users can now control ISO while recording video.
- 23.98 and 24 frame per second rates now available for UHD & FHD.
- Pro Quality mode added to Full HD. Previously only HQ and Normal were provided for FHD.
- Display marker enhancements:
- Gridlines and center marker overlays in movie mode are now visible.
- Added 4:3 and 2.35:1 aspect ratio markers.
- Added Action-safe area marker option.
- The Samsung NX1 now supports Time Code through HDMI for use when using an external recorder such as the ATOMOS Shogun.
- ‘Free Run’ time code supported.
- Time Code not supported for internal recording.
- Two Gamma modes now provided for more control of aesthetic look of footage. Both gamma modes are designed for a more cinematic look.
- C Gamma mode is a preset logarithmic color setting designed to deliver higher overall contrast.
- D Gamma is a preset logarithmic color setting designed to capture a wider tonal range for increased dynamic range.
- Master Black Level Control:
- Users can now control dark level gamma.
- 31 levels: -15 ― +15.
- Three luminance level options are now provided:
- [0-255], [16-235], [16-255].
- AF speed control implemented for more cinematic autofocus control:
- User can now select one of three AF speeds.
- Added AF responsiveness control:
- This is a new AF feature for controlling continuous AF behavior when tracking focus on a moving subject.
- User can select from five different speeds to control how quick the camera will refocus and begin tracking a new subject if something comes in-between the camera and the original subject being tracked.
- Can now capture stills from a specific video frame in playback mode:
- Added control for seeking specific frame to grab from video.
- Users can select by individual frame in the forward direction.
- If seeking in the backward direction frames within a half-second are selectable.
Physical User Interface
- Added Autofocus Lock (AFL) to movie mode. Users can now set the AEL button to lock focus in Movie mode.
- Auto Focus/ Manual Focus Toggling to movie mode. Users can now set the AF ON button to toggle between auto focus and manual focus during recording.
- Customizable physical user interface refinements:
- Reverse the functions of the Mobile Button and the Record button.
- Reverse the functions of the AF On button and the AEL button.
- Reverse the direction of the Command dials based on preference.
- Additional customization options to the functions of the command dials when in P/A/S/M.
- Customize the Optical Preview and Delete buttons with a different function.
- Bluetooth Remote – Can now use Bluetooth as simple remote trigger. Speeds up and simplifies using a smart device as remote control.
- The Samsung Camera Manager App now provides the ability to trigger the shutter release / video start/stop from a smart device using Bluetooth as opposed to Wi-Fi
- User can choose ‘Quick transfer’ which will send a QVGA still to the smartphone after it’s taken
- The Samsung NX1 can now store multiple paired Smart devices. If a user has multiple smart devices, they only need to register them with the camera once to store them. For example, users do not have to re-register devices when shifting from a phone to a tablet.
- Added wireless firmware updating:
- When connected to a Wi-Fi network, the camera will notify users if a new firmware version is available, and will allow them to download and install the update wirelessly.
- “Trap Shot” feature added to Samsung Auto Shot mode. Allows users to adjust the guide line so that when a moving object hits it, the camera will automatically take a picture.
- PC tethering implemented:
- Using Samsung Remote Studio software, the Samsung NX1 now supports tethered shooting via USB Windows PC only.
- Samsung Remote Studio Software will be available via Samsung iLauncher.
- Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows PC:
- Samsung will provide an SDK for Windows allowing developers to make remote access and control software for the Samsung NX1.
See latest Samsung Rumors