Take a look between the comparison of Fujifilm X-E2 and Sony Alpha NEX-6, the Fujifilm X-E2 features 16.3MP, APS-C, X-Trans II CMOS Sensor and EXR Processor II on the other hand Sony Alpha NEX-6 features 16.1MP Exmor APS-C Size CMOS Sensor and Bionz Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Fujifilm X-E2 Major Features
- 16.3MP, APS-C, X-Trans II CMOS Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot LCD Monitor
- 0.5″ 2,360k-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Continuous Shooting up to 7 fps
- Intelligent Hybrid AF System
- Digital Split Image and Focus Peaking
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Major Features
- 16.1MP Exmor APS-C Size CMOS Sensor
- Fast Hybrid AF With Phase-Detection AF
- 3″ 921K-Dot TFT LCD
- XGA OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- Captures 1080 HD Video
- Wi-Fi Capable
- Built-In Flash
- Fast 10fps Burst Shooting
- PlayMemories Camera Apps
Fujifilm X-E2 vs. Sony Alpha NEX-6 Specification Comparison Table.
Fujifilm X-E2 is 1 years 1 month older than Sony Alpha NEX-6.
Sensor size: Fujifilm X-E2 and Sony Alpha NEX-6 both camera feature same sensor size but there is now low-pass filter in Fujifilm X-E2, hence you get super sharp images with excellent color and contrast.
No lowpass filter in Fujifilm X-E2 – Fjifilm’s X-Trans bespoke pixel array (with randomized pixel pattern) completely eliminate the need of an optical low-pass filter. Hence you get supersharp images with more color and contrast,
AF System: Fujifilm X-E2 and Sony Alpha NEX-6 both camera feature same type of AF system.
- Hybrid AF in X-E2: Fujifilm X-E2 features advance AF system that combines two technology Phase + Contrast system, with the help of these two technology Clear focus can be attained in as little as 0.08 seconds. Olympus E-M5 features contrast based AF system.
- Hybrid AF system in NEX 6: Phase detection AF for quick AF and contrast-detection AF for added precision, Sony alpha uses hybrid AF system for quick AF.
Display: Fujifilm X-E2 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Sony Alpha NEX-6.
Battery Life (CIPA): Sony Alpha NEX-6 battery rating is 360 shots and other hand Fujifilm X-E2 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Sony Alpha NEX-6 is smaller than Fujifilm X-E2.
Weight: Sony Alpha NEX-6 lighter than Fujifilm X-E2.
Price: Fujifilm X-E2 with 18-55mm Lens: $1,399.00 and Sony Alpha NEX-6 16-50mm Zoom Lens: $798.00
Verdict: Sony NEX 6 is affordable but you may notice bit more details in the image of Fujifilm X-E2 since it doesn’t have built-in low pass filter, however due to the big price difference we recommend you to buy Sony NEX 6