Still Canon roars at the top, whereas its arch rival, Nikon, also increased its market sharing in DSLR and Compact camera sales. Recently, the BCN published their camera ranking where we can see that Canon with blistering 61.1% secured their position on the top of the list, whereas Nikon with 34.4% is chasing Canon. On the other hand, Olympus ranked best in the Digital Mirrorless camera sales with 27.7% and Canon in the second and Sony with 20% gets the third rank.
Nikon is surprisingly out of the contest when its name is not listed in the first three best Mirrorless and Interchangeable lens seller for 2017.
Digital Cameras – with lenses
- Canon (27.9%) up from 27.3%
- Nikon (25.5%) up from 22.1%
- Casio (17.2%) down from 19.3%
Digital Cameras – DSLR
- Canon (61.1%) down from 63.3%
- Nikon (34.4%) up from 31.6%
- Ricoh (4.2%) down from 4.8%
Digital Cameras – Mirrorless
- Olympus (27.7%) up from 26.8%
- Canon (21.3%) up from 18.5%
- Sony (20.2%) up from 17.9%
BCN records sales receipts from around 50% of all retailers in Japan. it’s a highly accurate survey of the industry in Japan.