The next Photokina will be held in September 2018 means almost one year from now, but we have got very exciting rumor before that in the web, which hints that Canon have one Full Frame mirrorless to be announced at Phtotokina. If you remember last Photokina (September, 2016) where Canon announced the big and the most anticipated Canon 5D Mark IV. In addition, there will be no new “dedicated” lenses, but mirrorless will be “considered in all future EF lens design.
Here are the few rumored specs for the upcoming Mirrorless
- The goal is to announce a full frame mirrorless camera for Photokina 2018 which takes place in September of that year.
- EF mount will be native
- New exclusive image sensor for the camera.
- New sensor technology required for the EF mount in a mirrorless application
- There will be no new “dedicated” lenses, but mirrorless will be “considered in all future EF lens design”
- 4K video is considered a necessary feature in all full frame cameras going forward
- One full frame mirrorless camera body to start
- There is testing at Canon of a more hybrid approach between DSLRs and Mirrorless cameras. What that looks like we don’t know.