A new firmware update version 1.10 for Fujifilm X-T2 mirrorless camera and firmware update version 5.00 for Fujifilm X-T1 mirrorless camera will be released by Fujifilm on 8th November, 2016.
The new Fujifilm X-T2 firmware 1.10 “introduces tethered shooting function which allows users to connect the camera to a computer via a USB cable, allowing you to capture and save your images directly onto computer, and allowing you to control the camera from the computer“.
Improvements with this firmware update:
- Tether shooting is available via USB connection. You will require additional software stated below to use the tether shooting function.
- Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or later*
- Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or later*
- Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 Ver.1.3 or later
* Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 or CC is required.
The Fuji source twitted that Fujifilm will announce the firmware update version 5.00 for X-T1 to add compatibility for the EF-X500.
In addition, Fujifilm announced the new Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom to enable tethered shooting of Fujifilm X-T1 and Fujifilm X-T2 to a compatible computer. And this Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom will be available from Adobe Add-ons website for $79 USD.
“Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is a tethering software plug-in that allows Lightroom users to connect X-T1 / X-T2 to a computer via USB cable for direct saving of captured images onto computer, and controlling the camera from the computer.”
Proceed with us for more information.