The EF 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 IS II USM has updates with a Nano USM motor, which comes with USM motor , which is perfect for stills and a quieter STM stepping motor for video AF. Canon has already announced the first lens 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM in February, 2016 and hence it is the second Canon lens comes with USM motor.
The 70-300mm lens is used to display focusing distance, focal length and ‘shake amount’. It comes with four stops of shake correction and it is made up of UD element which minimizes chromatic aberration and offers a close focusing distance of about 1.2m/4ft.
The EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS offers a 29-140mm equivalent zoom to Canon’s mirrorless system. Its image stabilization also offers four stops of shake correction.
The Canon EF 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens will be available at $550 and it will be available from November. The users will get Canon EF-M 18-150mm F3.5-6.3 IS STM in graphite and silver at $500 from December, 2016.
CAPTURE HIGH-QUALITY ACTION SHOTS AND VIDEO FROM AFAR WITH THE NEW CANON EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens
Affordable Lens Features NANO USM Technology, Enhanced Image Stabilizer and Information Display
MELVILLE, N.Y., September 15, 2016 – Having the right tool for the job has long been the mantra for professional photographers and hobbyists alike. Canon’s wide array of lenses provide users with a variety of creative options to help capture dynamic photos and videos with their DSLR cameras. Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, announced today the new Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens featuring NANO USM technology for high-speed and near-silent focusing in both still and video modes. The lens also features a new LCD information display and four-stop* image stabilization.
“To help photographers that are striving to create the most amazing pictures and videos possible, Canon is dedicated to developing the best tools to help them with their goal,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “Having this new EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens in a photographer’s camera bag will surely help them achieve their creative vision.”
Designed with the user in mind, this affordable new lens includes technology to spark creativity and deliver excellent image and video quality from afar. This is the second Canon lens equipped with NANO USM technology, a focusing motor that combines the benefits of a ring USM (ultrasonic motor) for high-speed AF during still photo shooting and lead-screw type STM (stepping motor) for smooth and quiet video autofocusing (AF)
Features for the Canon EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens include:
- High-speed autofocus for shooting stills and smooth, near-silent autofocus when shooting video is achieved by incorporating NANO USM technology.
- New Lens Information Display shows focusing distance, focal length and shake amount.
- One UD Lens helps reduce chromatic aberration and delivers outstanding high resolution and high-contrast results.
- Image Stabilizer effect at up-to-4* stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
- Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
The Canon EF 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in November 2016, for an estimated retail price of $549.99**. For more information: http://www.usa.canon.com/
* Based on CIPA (Camera & Imaging Products Association) standards. Testing performed using the EOS-1D X digital SLR camera at a focal length of 300mm.
** Availability, specifications and price are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
Key Features of the Canon EF-M 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens Include:
- Canon’s first EF-M high-zoom power lens covering a broad range of shooting scenes with a high-zoom ratio of up to 8.3x (29–240mm equivalent).
- Compact and lightweight design allows for easy portability.
- Optical design helps provide excellent image quality across a broad zoom range comparable to the EF-S 18–135mm f/3.5–5.6 IS USM lens.
- Maximum magnification of 0.31x at focal length 150mm.
- Image Stabilizer effect at up to 4 stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
Continue with us for more information.