Recently, Fujifilm announced new Fujinon Teleconverter XF2X TC WR lens, which is capable of multiplying the focal length of mounted lenses by 2x. The lens construction uses 9 elements in 5 groups to maintain the optical performance of the original lens. This Fuji lens also supports Phase detection AF etc.
The lens will be available from June for $449
Here are the details…
Here are the press release.
High-performance weather and dust resistant teleconverter with excellent optical design to be added to the X-Series interchangeable lens line-up in June
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce that the new FUJINON TELECONVERTER XF2X TC WR, a teleconverter extending the telephoto area of some X Mount lenses*1, will be added to the mirrorless digital camera X-Series interchangeable lens line-up in June 2016.
The FUJINON TELECONVERTER XF2X TC WR is a high-performance teleconverter, capable of multiplying the focal length of mounted lenses*1 by two. It features excellent optical design with a construction of 9 elements in 5 groups to maintain the optical performance of the original lens.
In addition, thanks to the unified design when mounted to a compatible lens*1, the teleconverter is weather and dust-resistant and operates at temperatures as low as -10°C. This makes it possible to be used with confidence outdoors when used with the weather and dust-resistant X-T1 and X-Pro2 camera bodies, and the XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR and XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lenses.
1. Main Features
(1) High image quality design which maintains the optical performance of the original lens
- Construction of 9 elements in 5 groups maintains the optical performance of the original lens.
- By using the optimal image quality parameters for the overall characteristics of the original lens and 2x teleconverter, excellent imaging performance with great aberration suppression is still achieved.
- The aperture becomes two f-stops higher when the teleconverter is mounted, and the camera displays and records information reflecting the change in aperture and focal length.
(2) Autofocus performance
- Phase detection AF is still available when using the XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR with the 2x teleconverter mounted.
- Contrast Detection AF is still available when using the XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR with the 2x teleconverter mounted.
- Accurate focusing at super-telephoto focal lengths with shallow depth of field is possible thanks to the AF performed by the image sensor, thanks to the ‘Live View’ feature on the cameras.
(3) The optical image stabilization performance
- The camera’s optical image stabilization performance*2 is unaffected by the addition of the teleconverter
4) Weather and dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation
- Using the teleconverter with a weather-resistant camera, such as the FUJIFILM X-T1 or X-Pro2 mirrorless digital camera and the FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR or FUJINON XF100-400mmF4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens does not affect the weather resistance of the system.
(5) High-grade subtle appearance
- The teleconverter’s high grade metal exterior has been designed with the X system in mind. When attached to a compatible FUJINON lens, the two products appear as one single lens.