Before we began we must know that an ultra wide-angle EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM lens is already available for the EOS M system. Now Canon filed a latest patent for a 9-18mm f/3.5-4.5 STM, based on a new ultra wide angle optical formula. There is expectation that this latest patent for the STM lens will be the successor of the existing EF-M 11-22 f/4-4.5 IS STM lens.
- Patent Publication No. 2016-54371 (Google Translated)
- Published 2016.4.14
- Filing date 2014.9.3
- Zoom ratio 1.90
- Wide-angle intermediate telephoto
- Focal length 9.22 14.05 17.50
- F-number 3.39 4.04 4.63
- Half angle of view (degrees) 53.07 44.12 37.91
- Image height 12.27 13.63 13.63
- Overall length of the lens 89.68 83.60 86.84
- BF 14.22 15.78 16.00
- Upon correction of the distortion, providing a constraint on stretching amount at each image height
- Properly set the curve shape of the distortion aberration
Proceed with us for more information.