The Canon EOS 6D features 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 5+ Image Processor on the other hand Nikon D810 features 36.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 4 Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Canon EOS 6D Major Features
- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- 3.0″ Clear View High Resolution LCD
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor
- Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Full HD 1080p with Manual Controls
- 11-Point AF with Center Cross-Type Point
- 63-Zone Dual Layer Metering Sensor
- Extended ISO Range of 50-102400
- Up to 4.5 Full Resolution FPS
- Built-In HDR and Multiple Exposure Modes
Nikon D810 Major Features
- 36.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- No Optical Low Pass Filter
- EXPEED 4 Image Processor
- 3.2″ 1,229k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video at 60/30/24 fps
- Continuous Shooting to 5 fps in FX Mode
- Expandable Sensitivity to ISO 51200
- Multi-CAM 3500FX AF Sensor w/ 51 Points
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
- External Mic and Headphone Inputs
Canon 6D vs. Nikon D810 Specification Comparison Table.
|Canon 6D||Nikon D810|
Megapixel: Nikon D810 has more resolution than Canon 6D, but having more resolution will not improve the image quality.
The NO-OLPF benefit – Nikon D810 built without low-pass filter and Nikon D810 have, due to the absence of low-pass filter the Nikon D810 will show sharp images when compared to Canon 6D, the difference is clearly visible when images of same subject viewed at 100%.
More AF Points: Nikon D810 features 51 AF points with 15 cross-type sensors, the Canon 6D comes with 11 AF points with 1 cross-type sensors. More AF point does help a lot while you are shooting Action and Sports Photography.
Better low light performance – The Canon 6D comes with more ISO range compared to Nikon D810, The Standard ISO range of Canon 6D is 100-25600, the expandable ISO range is 50-102400, on the other hand Nikon D810 standard ISO range is 64-12800 and expandable ISO range is 32-51200.
Better Shutter Range: Nikon D810 features better shutter range compared to Canon 6D. Fast shutter range will help you to capture amazing action shots.
Top Continuous shooting speed: Nikon D810 features faster burst mode when compared to Canon 6D.
Better Video Mode: Canon 6D features full HD video recording @ 30, and 24 fps frame rate. HD video recording @ 60 fps, 50 fps.
Supported formats Canon 6D H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec.
Nikon D810 Video Mode: Nikon D810 features full HD video recording @ 60fps.
Supported formats Nikon D810 MOV, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264.
Wireless: Canon 6D has Built-In, the Nikon D810 is limited to Wi-Fi only, / No wireless connectivity option available in Nikon D810.
Battery Life (CIPA): Nikon D810 battery rating is 1200 shots and other hand Canon 6D battery rating is 950 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Canon 6D is smaller than Nikon D810.
Weight: Canon 6D light-weight than Nikon D810.
Verdicts- Nikon D810 is a better camera to spare cash on. The camera is so good for those who don’t compromise with image quality. overall specification is also up to the mark.