Latest news says that the X-pro2 is in a fit state and could be announced in early 2016 but the one thing that blocks the way of its introduction is when Sony A7000 will be announced. If Sony and Fujifilm both stick on their agreement then it’s sure that X-pro2 has to wait atleast six months.
The delay in X-PRO2 announcement occurred may be due to the unchanged agreements between Fujifilm and Sony. As we had the past news that This X-pro2 could use the same sensor which Sony is going to implement in their long awaiting A7000.
However, it’s still not confirmed whether the Fujifilm X-PRO2 really coming in January at CES (6th to 9th Jan) or after the CES show over.
Let’s see the rumored specs of the
- APS-C sensor
- 24MP sensor
- 1/8000 of a second mechanical shutter speed
- Sync Speed faster than 1/180th (
- about the same size of current X-PRO1
- dual SD card slot
- coming late 2015
- delayed to 2016
- coming in January 2016
- weather sealed
- Two X-PRO2 version, one 24MP APS-C and one 25-27 MP ASP-X, compatible with XF/XC lenses (OS)
- coming September / October
- tilt screen
- Non organic ASP-C X-Trans sensor
- Price about 20% to 30% more expensive than the X-T1
- 4K video
- Faster Processor EXR III
- smaller than X-PRO1