The announcement of new Tokina AT-X 11-20mm f/2.8 PRO DX lens has made by Tokina in japan. this lens is available for canon and Nikon mount. Has been designed for APS-C and DX format cameras. The lens was first come into light in photonika 2014 in September. Japanese price for this lens is ranging by JPY 100,000, rounding the dollar price nearby $800. first shipment will be around February 2015.
- Compatible with Nikon DX-format DSLRs, this wide-angle zoom provides a 16.5-30mm equivalent focal length and features a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for consistent low-light performance throughout the zoom range.
- One P-MO aspherical element in the front group pairs with a glass-molded aspherical element in the rear group to minimize distortions and correct aberrations. Additionally, three SD ultra-low dispersion elements are also incorporated within the lens design to further reduce chromatic aberrations for greater color accuracy and clarity.
- Multi-layer lens coatings reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and maintained color fidelity.
- A one-touch focus clutch mechanism permits seamless switching between autofocus and manual focusing positions, and the focusing ring features a moderate amount of torque for more fine-tuned control over the focusing position.
- An internal focusing mechanism maintains the overall lens form factor during operation.
- A nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality, which benefits the use of shallow depth of field techniques.
|Focal Length||11 – 20mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 17.6 – 32 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF / Nikon F|
|Format Compatibility||APS-C / DX|
|Angle of View||104.34° – 72.42°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11.02″ (28 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8.62|
|Filter Thread||Front:82 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 3.50 x 3.62″ (89 x 92 mm)|
|Weight||1.23 lb (560 g)|