Olympus Stylus 1 vs. Sony RX10 – the Olympus Stylus 1 features 12MP 1/1.7″ BSI CMOS Sensor and Full 1080p HD Video on the other hand Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features 20.2MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS Sensor and Full HD 1080i/p Video at 60 and 24 fps, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Olympus Stylus 1 Major Features
- 12MP 1/1.7″ BSI CMOS Sensor
- 10.7x i.Zuiko Optical Zoom Lens
- 28-300mm Equiv; f/2.8 Constant Aperture
- Super Macro Mode with 2″ Minimum Focus
- 1.4M-dot High-Def EVF with Eye Sensor
- 3.0″ 1.04M-dot Tilt-Touch LCD
- Full 1080p HD Video
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Hybrid Control Ring and Auto Lens Cap
- Built-in Flash, Wireless, Hot Shoe
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Major Features
- 20.2MP 1″ Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Carl Zeiss 24-200mm f/2.8 Lens (35mm Eq)
- 3.0″ 1228K-Dot Tilting Xtra Fine LCD
- XGA OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Full HD 1080i/p Video at 60 and 24 fps
- Built-In Wireless and NFC Connectivity
- Low-Light Sensitivity to ISO 12800
- Multi Interface Shoe and Control Ring
- Super Sonicwave Motor for Fast Autofocus
Olympus Stylus 1 vs. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Specification Comparison Table.
Megapixel: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 feature more megapixel than Olympus Stylus 1.
Bigger Sensor Size: Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 features bigger sensor size than Olympus Stylus 1 ( 1/1.7″ vs 1″), hence you get better dynamic range, improved High ISO performance and better color and contrast reproduction with Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Optical Zoom: Olympus Stylus 1 has more optical Zoom than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 (10.7 vs 8.3X).
Macro: Olympus Stylus 1 feature better close-up macro range than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
ISO: Both camera features almost same ISO range.
Better Shutter Range: Olympus Stylus 1 features better shutter range but Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 comes with fast shooting speed.
Display: Olympus Stylus 1 features bigger and high resolution display compared to Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Viewfinder: Sony RX10 comes with eye tracking Technology, Advanced Eye Detection technology creates Eye AF Function which detects and focuses on the subject’s eye even if the head is turned slightly.
Battery Life (CIPA): Almost Same.
Dimensions: Olympus Stylus 1 is smaller and lighter than Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10.
Other new feature: Olympus stylus 1 comes with a hybrid control ring around the lens enables zooming, manual focus and adjustment of aperture, shutter speed and more.
Price: Olympus Stylus 1: $699.00 and Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10: $1,298.00
Verdict: We recommend you to buy Sony RX10 camera. As you can see in sensor size comparison chart – the RX10 sensor is more than double in size compared to Olympus Stylus 1, hence you will get better images with the Sony RX10 camera, on the other hand Olympus Stylus 1 features more optical zoom than Sony.
Get Upcoming Camera News Alert
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Latest Camera News, Rumors and Reviews