Take a look between the comparison of Sony Alpha a7 and Canon EOS 5D Mark III, the Sony Alpha a7 features 24.3MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor on the other hand Canon EOS 5D Mark III features 22.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 5+ Image Processor, take a look at the Major Specification Below.
Sony Alpha a7R Major Features
- 36.4MP Full Frame Exmor CMOS Sensor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- Gapless On-Chip Lens Design
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- Direct Compatibility with E-mount Lenses
- 3.0″ Tiltable TFT LCD with 1,229K-Dots
- 2.4M-Dot OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- Full 1080/60p Video with Remote Capture
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC
- Multi-Interface Shoe and Built-in Flash
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Major Features
- 22.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Includes Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L Lens
- 3.2″ Clear View High Resolution LCD
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor
- 61-Point High Density AF
- Full HD 1080/30p and 720/60p Formats
- Built-In HDR and Multiple Exposure Modes
- Extended ISO Range (50-102400)
- Dual CF and SD Memory Card Slots
- Durable Magnesium-Alloy Construction
Sony Alpha 7R vs. Canon EOS 5D Mark III Specification Comparison Table.
Sony Alpha 7R is 1 year 7 month older than Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
Sensor and Megapixel: Sony Alpha 7R features more megapixels compared to Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Canon EOS 5D Mark III features bit bigger sensor than Sony Alpha 7R.
Low-pass filter: Sony Alpha 7R have no low pass filter, hence you get better dynamic range, improved High ISO performance and better color and contrast reproduction compared to Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
Better AF System: Canon EOS 5D Mark III features Phase AF System; on the other hand Sony Alpha 7R features Contrast AF system.
More AF Points: Canon EOS 5D Mark III have More AF points Compared to Sony Alpha 7R, hence you get more area under AF points with Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
Better low light performance: The Canon EOS 5D Mark III features more ISO range compared to Sony Alpha 7R, the ISO range of Canon EOS 5D Mark III is 102400, Sony A7r limited to 25600 only.
Continuous Shooting Speed: Canon EOS 5D Mark III features fast shooting speed compared to Sony Alpha 7R.
Better Video Mode: Sony Alpha 7R features better video mode compared to Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Sony Alpha 7R Supports Full HD Video capture mode @ 60fps frame rate, Canon EOS Mark III is limited to 30 fps only.
Display: Sony Alpha 7R features bigger and high resolution display compared to Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
Battery Life (CIPA): Canon EOS 5D Mark III battery rating is 950 shots and other hand Sony Alpha 7R 340 shots. According to CIPA.
Dimensions: Sony Alpha 7R is smaller than Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
Weight: Sony Alpha 7R lighter than Canon EOS 5D Mark III.
Conclusion: We recommend you to Canon 5D Mark III DSLR, Since its features better ISO range and Advance AF system.